Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thoughts About You

You make me lose myself in music
because the notes sound like your voice

they haunt me when i sleep
i chase my dreams like fireflies
knowing i'll think of you for centuries

I turn the speakers up too loud
the hiss winds with the four songs i listen to
they're on repeat
and they're all about you

we are poisoned by our youth
our youth that kills us slowly
someday we'll be legends
remember these days
they're all we have

flaunt me among the dancing crowds
slit my throat with kisses
pull me asunder with licks of leather
this isn't just a dream anymore

we are the warriors of our own lives
fight and flight and gliding into sunrises
gazing at the stars

we prove ourselves daily
we shall ascend to the throne 

here we are, here we are
step follows step
and we're waltzing in the moonlight


(c) 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment