Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dearest, You Captivate Me

this is it
the golden age
walking alone with my head in the clouds
running into your arms
done hiding from the world
you've captured me
in perfect synchronicity 
my hands dance

picking out a pattern
a song for the ages
shaped by lips that could hail the gods
i don't expect eternity 
we are but mortals

as i walk on
in the dark and filled with sighs
it's time to run

run with me
this race is possibility
you've captivated me
tomorrow is a day of thoughtful tears
shining in the rising sun
your eyes burn
i see you

it's like a window to my soul
bare and stark and full of demons
chasing my tail and wondering
thirty days of waiting
ten more of hope

i wonder
if you'll run with me

is there any chance
i could forget you
if i ever wanted to,
in the darkness filled with sighs
out by the shore
though...
when i close my eyes
all i see is a smile

i'm running
pale and cold in the ghostly light
of myriad stars above our heads
laughter and fears
i had lost my way

i never want to say
that the dreams i have are impossible
and they wouldn't be
you make me want to dance
and i can love the sound of the rain

with your hand in mine
i would never fall down
and these sentiments fall from pale lips
in a dark world

but your eyes
and the candyfloss hair
and we are shadows
in this cold and bitter night

the steady burst of life
light, and dreaming whispers in the dimness
sentiments i dare not voice
for i cannot find the words
but i'm running

come with me?


(c) 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment