Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Time

my time
my time, now and forever
what more and what less?
my time
my time spent like a penny for a song
over and over, the jar's half full
my time,
my time, given, given over to you
for joys so brief and a smile
my time
a penny for a song, my hope
my hope that wavers like a tiny flame
waiting for an errant breeze to snuff it out
my time
have you ever fought with blades?
swords crossed, repost, lunge
my time is the tip of an epee
flicking, flicking, hitting targets
my time
my words kiss like that metal blade
thoughtless, thoughtless, unthinking,
choking back and spitting out
fire to save matches
and i meant no harm
but dealing poison thorns
the cost is just too much
goodbyes and sorrows
not thinking is just too hard
perhaps it's time
to surrender
to my time


(c) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment