Tuesday, February 5, 2013

But...

are you trusting me
with your heart, that kind heart
i've spent days by the window
dreaming of your eyes

i won't do what i'm told
i won't keep you safe because you want it
i won't help you through the storm
but i'll be a rock you can cling to
but i'll never let you go

are you trusting me
but what now, weary days
stretching past and a bright spark
bathing in the sunlight
moths and flames

i can't give you everything
i can't sink their ships for you
i can't help you live
but i'll be the reef they run aground on
but i'll hold you close

i'm scarred and scared
eager to know what's real
a frightened rabbit in the bushes
startled by a snapping twig

i've learned my lessons
i've done my time
i've dreamed of the world outside my mind
but still i love


(c) 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment