Thursday, September 27, 2012

Proud

i wake up proud
proud to be alive, proud to be happy
there's been so much heartbreak here
so much sorrow

it's been years since i've felt this way
completed, gentled, crazy
and maybe its because
whenever i close my eyes,
i remember you

maybe its because
when i close my eyes
i see you laughing
when i dream
i dream of your smile

what love is this?
to stand tall and strong
through so much betrayal
what love is this?
this love i have for you

it's like an album i have on repeat
but each song, familiar, is new
your touch, your laugh
you mock me with your kindness
you mock me with your laugh

someday maybe,
someday far from the here, the now,
someday my dreams
will become my reality

someday i'll fall asleep
to the sound of your heart
in your arms


(c) 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment