Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mia Bella

i want to tell you something
a word, perhaps a monologue
i want to tell you a story, of the day i fell in love
i was sitting in a coffee shop
a tiny, gorgeous coffee shop
waiting for an old friend i'd never met
a tall willow goddess, kissed by fire
i never thought i could, but hey i did
it just took a kiss, sitting on a ledge
over water and listening to a wish on the air
i could always breathe with you, i always can
in the morning, you sigh and smile like
it's your first day on earth
with you i can gentle my heart, when you make me wild
you give me my glory days
and i can only try to return them in kind
i was drinking nothing, too scared to sip
i saw your eyes, your blushing smile
i'd waited so long
all i wanted, in that second
was to kiss you on the first of may, with ribbons in your hair
you make me sing again, and dance in the rain
make my heart heal - i had too much pain
nowadays i don't remember
the terrors in the night, not when you're near me
i would spend the days of my life with you
the years of my heart's beating thrum
i've fallen, moth to a flame
gods above you give me a reason, a reason to live
days and nights sleepless, words and thousands of words
you know me better than i know myself
and i love the picture you've painted
i would give you the sweetest dreams, darling
until the day we fall into the cold, hard ground
and plant bloodred tulips on our grave


(c) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment