Saturday, March 23, 2013

Smouldering

they say you paid for me
cash for kisses, dime and dollar
each time i could i said yes
pennies for my troubles and they get
darling they get to stare
down the barrel of a smoking gun
each time i could i said yes
slipping under sheets, satin and silk
paid you in gold and love
you spend so much time thinking
and they say you paid for me
gave soul and heart, life for me
i wasn't asking you for a solution
i was asking for sympathy

dime and dollar, paid upfront
watching you sigh and gaze into the distance
down the barrel of a smoking gun
i'll always say yes, to the love that we swore
your heart is my bible
and they tell me you paid for me
silk, satin and gold
love, you're my devil

with your lips and your smile
i feel as if i could dive down
deep into your eyes
i'd sacrifice a life for you
my life for you, love would be the devil
smouldering

there's a song in my heart for you
and a quiver in my soul
i pretend i could make amends
but they say you paid for me
gave soul and heart, hope for me
i'm not asking you for a declaration
not a sonnet
don't say you want me, that you need me
that you love me...
it's no good - you bought me
i have all the time in the world
it's written in the stars
it's understood


(c) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment