Monday, January 21, 2013

Stronger

we're dreaming in the spring
of sighs and sorrows and songs we couldn't sing
could you ever understand,
the day you took my hand
why time moved so slowly, and the day never seemed to end
why the dreams we shared
cried out in an agony
when she came along?

oh what's-her-name, the vindictive thief
the dreamer of so many dreams
take him, take him, sweetest
I wish you well...I wish you ill
oh my love, how could you be so weak?

you have a sensual soul, waiting to come free
when can we sing together of our dreams
i dream of you in daylight, when there's nothing else but time
i sing those songs we couldn't sing that time
i gaze over a starlit city,
perhaps I'll change your mind

you don't want it...refusing
you crave it...curiosity
you have the heart to say no, but not the soul to say yes

perhaps my heart shouldn't skip a beat
when you look into my eyes
perhaps i should be stronger

oh my love I wish you well
oh my love I wish you ill
oh my love


(c) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment