Friday, November 16, 2012

Spitting Venom

spitting venom, venom, acid
into cornflower eyes, so blue, tears
tear me apart and flow graceless on
you're like a hurricane and i couldn't
you speak of lustless, hateful lies
you grind my bones to dust with words
fi, fie, fo, fum...
let me go, you'll never win
even when you think you've won
kisses cold and clammy on my lips
oft shuddered at in a darkness
spitting venom, venom, acid
crying, crying, you have no power
such a child, and older still
i did what i had to
cling, cling, wet cloth, and i'll peel you from my skin
you've tasted of a fruit you can never have
forbidden, forbidden, fie.
press your belief into my mind and it's rejected
you have no understanding of yourself
you're bitter, you're lonesome
you're full of hate
let go let god let a spoken word correct you
let bygones be bygones and open your mind
amen.

(c) 2012
 

1 comment: