Thursday, October 18, 2012

Diamond

gentle fog, so cool and sweet
held within a dream like no other, holds me

I lie, beaded by the mist
a diamond-dusted form on golden leaves

dreams flit by in the shining, twilighted day,
made dim dusk by the lattice of vines, a bower for the dead

such sweet fantasies of summer, of rain

the fog clings with cold fingers
tiny vipers slither through my hair, hissing
it's a song, a celebration
I am complete

day, night, day, night
the stars glimmer above, a shining salutation to cold
such bones are these, so perfect, peaceful.

rimed with ice, silvered with time
my bones lie, beaded with rain, in summer
in the dim, dusky light, the breeze softly plays
catching and tossing scattered hairs

I dream of a foggy bower, a misty lover
a diamond-bright completion that wore me down
to silver bones in the misty, foggy dreamscape
in a vine-latticed bower.


(c) 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment