Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Redemption

 I am alive and my heart is my holocaust
I am alive and my tears are my fire
 I am alive and my mind is learning
I am alive but not free
 where is my redemption? where is my life?
where are my dreams, my struggles, my strife?
 where have they gone, like mist in the sun
where have they fled to, like water to the sea
 where have they taken root, like forest or glen
where and how and when?
 I'm old and bent, broken and young
no years and no cares crease my brow
 wild scents and wild tastes
wild homes and wild haste
 I am alive and my heart is my holocaust
I am alive and my tears are my fire
 I am alive but not living
I am alive, learning and growing
 when can i fly free?
my redemption for sins not committed
 my redemption for a life half lived
redemption, redemption, a fool's invention
 to keep the life-starved from being free
live, live, and truly live
 live on love and adrenaline
pass me by, my redemption, pass me by
 not a fool shall I be
hence redemption, hence
 fly, fool, from me
I'll take my sins
 I'll keep them close
they're mine and mine alone
 I'll take my wrongs and broken hearts
and I'll bury them in loam
 for I am alive and I have free will
and redemption just isn't for me
 I love my cares, my sorrow and sin
my dreams and adrenalin
 redeem me.

(c) 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment