Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dawn

if ever there was a hope in my heart
it would glitter in the dawn
and refract the color of the clouds
I would be just another bright spot on this planet
I would shine-a god in brightness if nothing else
for I can  see river-water cascading into my eyes
subtle as if singing and the dawn breaks
snaps in two and gives over to the night
swallow me up into the night-soaked walls of stone and lustre
I am like bamboo...I bend but never break
and the light cannot touch where I rule
and the dawn covers the world of blood and fury with  a gold leaf
shining shining and goes out
can't you see the pearl in the snake's mouth
can't you taste the tears
can't you smell the lily-rose that soothes your fear
don't go, don't stay, don't fear me
run if you dare but there's no escape and I'll find you
caves and bats and birds and you can't find a place to hide


(c) 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment